Long distance records - IHPVA???
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a

1 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2012 :  17:22:03  Show Profile
Hi all

New here. Can someone answer the following: is the IHPVA responsible for long distance records, e.g. Fastest cycle across the US, or first person to cycle the perimeter of Australia?

These are just arbitrary examples I've given above. If its not IHPVA, then does anyone know which organization would be responsible for this?

Much appreciated

Don S

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2012 :  19:30:30  Show Profile
I don't think one single organization tracks the diversity of records implied by your inquiry. The IHPVA maintains records for the fastest time over set standard distances and an unofficial posting of those records is included on this site.

Don

"it's important to understand what makes them fast. It's more important to understand what keeps them from going faster." DS
Go to Top of Page

Larry Lem

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2012 :  14:11:59  Show Profile
http://www.ultracycling.com/old/records/recordsprocess.html

In the USA, this is the organization that keeps records for these types of events. I do not know what other countries do.

After searching, if you can't find any, you may have to create your own organization. Organizations such as these aren't big, anonymous corporate entities, they're just enthusiasts who like to keep records and see folks try to break records.

Larry Lem

Edited by - Larry Lem on 08/30/2012 14:14:17
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
IHPVA Forums © 2008 International Human Powered Vehicle Association Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000