Work Bikes
 Use a Bike Work Stand
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a

1 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  01:02:19  Show Profile
Home made bike stands are not helpful if your bike isn't held rock solid sturdy and having no stand at all is even worse. The #1 benefit of a good stand is that it keeps your bike stable and extremely sturdy while you work on it. Cheaper bike work stands are usually NOT sturdy, especially with bigger mountain bikes so be careful with what you buy. Saving money on a cheap stand is not necessarily going to save you money in the long run.

I have done BE

Edited by - Don S on 10/20/2011 19:12:06

Don S

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  19:21:32  Show Profile
Some of the problems with lower cost bike stands are often due to the clamping system. I solved the problem by cutting off the factory clamp and welding on a vise from the local hardware store that will securely clamp frame tubes up to 2 1/2" (65 mm) in diameter. The change required gluing rubber pads to the jaws of the vice but I've securely clamped our 50 lb. tandem and it works good. Total cost for the modification was less than $20 U.S.

Don

"it's important to understand what makes them fast. It's more important to understand what keeps them from going faster." DS

Edited by - Don S on 10/20/2011 19:23:11
Go to Top of Page

n/a

2 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2012 :  17:28:34  Show Profile
Have a need for adaptive equipment to ride to compensate for a disability or loss of limb or parts function? No, you are not going to beat me down!

Edited by - n/a on 05/19/2012 17:28:50
Go to Top of Page

JohnsonStanwood

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2013 :  03:06:21  Show Profile
As you want adaptive equipments,You can ask to somebody who well know about this things like vehicle mechanic.
http://www.aerofixcycles.com

Johnson Stanwood
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
IHPVA Forums © 2008 International Human Powered Vehicle Association Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000