IHPVA Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 Human Power Topics
 Land
 Medical Aid HPV for hurting knee problems?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a

10 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2011 :  09:38:27  Show Profile
Hi folks.

As I get it HPVA is more for the competing HPV that love Sport and to do it fast.

But all of us will end up old and have hurting knee problems.

Okay not all of us but enough to be of concern. Now some say that Rollator/Walker is a good such aid to use if one get old.

Ye but is it good for hurting knee? I found an old post from 2009 so I will not post in that old thread. So I hope it is okay if I start a new thread.

Now when we are fit for Bicycles and that works great then we have no need for the Rollator or the Electric Scooter either. We want bikes of many varieties.

But this thread is about when the knee hurt so much that one have problem walking.

One need to take the "HPV aid" along into the Mall or the Train or Bus or whatever. Bikes are usually too big or not allowed into a Mall or crowded Bus.

But a Rollator/walker are allowed anywhere. So I though of that one need a HPV seated Scooter type of Rollator.

The problem is that such seems to only exists and are certified for USA and not allowed in Europe.

So my naive thought is to make a kind of "attached seated trailer" to the accepted everywhere Rollator.

So when you arrive to the Bus or Mall or Library or something where a Bike is not allowed but a Rollator is then you just fold the "attached seated trailer" and left is a normal Rollator that works like a Rollator should. The "attached seated trailer" is either put in a bag that one carry on the Rollator or it is towed along on the side of the rollator.

I made a very crude drawing that maybe explain my thoughts on how to accomplish this. Now I am no artist and no innovator either so the drawing is more like a makeshift mess so be kind of an old ADHD guy.

I fail to get Link to work to picture so I will look for how to do it. if you go to this text in Swedish and click on the link in that post then hopefully it works
http://rosnix.net/hpvs-forum/index.php?t=msg&th=5985&goto=28058#msg_28058

here is link to the old thread from 2009 here in IHPVA
http://www.ihpva.org/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=93

Yes I have written to her to find like minded bu maybe she no longer use that email address.

Edited by - n/a on 06/07/2011 09:52:36
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
IHPVA Forums © 2008 International Human Powered Vehicle Association Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000