Cost of Construction
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BigJon

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2014 :  08:08:15  Show Profile
I was just wondering what are the costs to build a wheeled vehicle, a land speed challenging one. I imagine most of the cost goes on a carbon fiber flaring. I was just wondering if anyone had rough estimates. Any reply would be much appreciated. Jon

Don S

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2014 :  11:16:18  Show Profile
BigJon,

There are too many variables to provide an estimate for you but you can put together your own rough estimate. Start by researching the build pages on this site and the build/tech pages on the Recumbents.com web site for information and links to what others have done and than put together your estimate based on your answers to the following questions.

What is your design concept? What will you need? What do you have? What can you make? What will you have to buy? What are your material/parts options? What will you have to pay others to do?

It's my opinion and experience that if you double or triple that cost estimate you will have a range of the actual cost to build your world class machine.

Don

"it's important to understand what makes them fast. It's more important to understand what keeps them from going faster." DS
Go to Top of Page

n/a

2 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2016 :  09:17:18  Show Profile
Testing, researching and actually producing the carbon fiber wings is an expensive affair. And don't forget the engine cost.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
IHPVA Forums © 2008 International Human Powered Vehicle Association Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000